jedibuttercup: (sokka #%!@)
[personal profile] jedibuttercup
Given how much of my fic has been hosted solely on AO3 over the last fifteen years or so, it looks like it was a prescient decision to try setting up my own fanfic site again when Tripod finally started failing back in January. Now AO3 is out of commission for two to four weeks, probably (or so the internet seems to be guessing) because of one of those critical code issues they've been digging up with AI lately.

I was required to start working with WordPress at the office, so to practice using the system, I set up a personal wordpress at: [wordpress.com profile] jedibuttercup

It's a little barebones; the only thing that's there is my fic, currently. But all of my fic is there, so. We'll see how this goes! If you also have a personal site, let me know - I'd love to have somewhere else to browse while the Archive of Our Own is down.

Date: 2026-10-30 12:00 am (UTC)
morgynleri: mostly pink with yellow and light blue background with black text reading 'criticize by creating' (Default)
From: [personal profile] morgynleri
Not a personal site, as that is currently in shambles at the moment, but I have a good chunk of my fic up on Squidge as well as AO3. https://www.squidgeworld.org/users/morgynleri (and if you need an invite, I have those to spare).

Date: 2026-10-30 01:24 am (UTC)
sulien: Made from a photo I took of Big Lagoon in Humboldt, California, many years ago. DO NOT TAKE. (Default)
From: [personal profile] sulien
Oh, dear… I hope they manage to get the site back up without any loss of data.

Thank you for the heads up!

Date: 2026-10-30 04:20 am (UTC)
beatrice_otter: Me in red--face not shown (Default)
From: [personal profile] beatrice_otter
Yeah, this is exciting times in the bad way. But I'm glad to see lots of people doing stuff like building their own fic blog/site or crossposting to other archives or both.

Happy Halloween!

Date: 2026-10-30 04:23 pm (UTC)
pronker: saola medium shot (Default)
From: [personal profile] pronker
Good for you to place precious ficcage in a safe spot. I have a Wordpress "https://pronkerblog.wordpress.com/" blog with one long story on it, and have dragged my feet learning how to upload all the rest of my fics in a way that they're there, with an index ... *blushes*

Let's hope AO3 recovers. It sure became central to fic lovers; I'm grumpy because two fics are regularly updated about twice weekly, and one fic with 5 chapters to go (out of 75!) is similarly endowed with a faithful author. Grrrrrr.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728 293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 31st, 2026 01:26 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios